Thursday, 15 September 2016

Hi everyone!

My name is Elizabeth Munro. I am a first year MI-LIS student. I have an undergraduate degree in communication studies with a minor in English from Wilfrid Laurier University. After taking a year off to work and travel, I was thrilled to find out I would be joining the ischool community this year.

I learned about the ischool during my year off. After finishing my undergrad I was confused and unsure as to what my next step would be. It was through my volunteer placements and travel opportunities that I became interested in LIS. I am interested in human rights and access to information, and I hope to learn more about this over the next two years.

I was initially interested in INF2331 because of a course I took during my undergrad. The course focused on the history of the book and print culture. I was particularly interested in Gutenberg's press and the historic events that led up to its creation. Since I have taken a course on the history of the book, I thought it would only make sense to take a course about the future of the book as well!

I'm very excited to start not only this course but my Masters! Looking forward to getting to know you all and reading your blog posts!

Elizabeth

Image result for books and libraries

1 comment:

  1. Again, like others in our group, it really sounds lie this is such a great course for you.

    Looking forward to hearing some historical insights on the course.

    ReplyDelete