Hello,
My name is Pauline Szczesniak, I am in my second year of the
MI program, in the General Option stream (I don’t have a concentration). Last
year I was enrolled in the Book History & Print Culture collaborative
program. I have a Bachelor of Fine Arts
from OCAD University in photography.
It was actually through work that I ended
up at the iSchool at U of T. I had been working as a product photographer for
an auction company. I quickly became enamored with old and rare books, they
were my favourite thing to photograph and naturally this led to an interest in
the digitization of books.
My interests have morphed a little bit, moreso into
the digitization of objects as well. I am interested in scanning and imaging
technologies and how they can be used to further digital humanities projects. I am currently trying to learn 3D design
basics and I hope to experiment with 3D scanning and printing.
P.S.: My love affair with books even extends into my travels. Over the summer while visiting the southern tip of England, I insisted
on going to Wells Cathedral to see the chained library- highlight of the trip
for sure. I literally geeked out and was filled with a giddy joy.

Hi Pauline,
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading your post. Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos!
Gaby